CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, February 2, 2009

Life is Good

Sunday was Fast Sunday and I kinda wanted to bear my testimony but I ended up not doing it. I feel like I talk a lot anyways and people are probably tired of hearing me. So here's a tidbit...
I know this is weird but I was watching The Office as I got ready for church and it was an episode where they had to lose weight for a contest and Andy said "This is the hardest thing I've ever done...I haven't had a very hard life." And I hear that as I am getting ready in the dress I'm wearing so that I can match my new purse that I was able to buy. I haven't had a very hard life either. I have had a few emotional struggles but that's nothing compared to even my good friends. My parents did a good job raising me. I know that they had struggles years ago, but while it was happening, I never knew. I always had a place to come home to and I never went to bed hungry (unless I was being punished.) There's so many people struggling right now and I have a secure job and even if I were to lose that one, I know my company would help me get placed somewhere else. Even though I may complain about the little things that happen, there's never been big things for me to worry about. I don't know what I did in the pre-existence to be so blessed, but whatever it was, I'm glad for the life I've been given.

Another thing I'm grateful for is the friends that I have. As people were going up to the stand I kept thinking, "Oh I love Nicole, or, Tasha is great." Even though we're not the kind that hang out all the time, I know that if I needed anything the people in my ward are there for me, not just because they feel obligated, but because they care. I've had a few Sundays when all it took was Megan or Jenny asking if I was ok and me just bursting into tears and they would sit and talk me through everything. I have always had great friends that have seen me through things when my family is so far away. I'm grateful for these blessings that have been given to me throughout my life and I hope that I can stay worthy to keep receiving them.

No comments:

Post a Comment