CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, June 19, 2009

Fun Lil' Snippett

So last week I went to the dentist and 90 min later I am walking out without my teeth cleaned and with the news that my next visit is going to cost 2 thousand dollars. I need a deep cleaning and that alone is a thousand. They also came across as a used car place because they tried to upsell me. I had no idea dentists do that! Anyways, I was distraught because I really don't think my teeth are that bad. Luckily Hillary talked to her dentist friend and he said I could probably treat myself at home. I bought the biggest bottle of Listerine Walmart had and the toothpick/floss things and I've been using them religiously. A few days ago I'm getting ready for bed and am swishing the stinging moushwash around my chops and think, "I could wash my face while I'm doing the mouthwash." So I get my hands all soapy and put a hand on each cheek. Without even thinking I push in and the Listerine goes shooting out of my mouth. Good times.

2 comments:

  1. my dentist told me the same thing. he said he'd have to anesthetize me and do a deep cleaning and that my gums are soft from a lack of flossing (true - why didn't mom teach us how to floss!) and so my teeth are shifting. My two front teeth have definitely separated. He gave me a prescription for medicated mouthwash (which I lost and never called to get refilled) and said I'd still need to come in and get that done. My insurance should cover most of it, so I'd end up paying the co-pay of $15 and then probably another couple of hundred. Problem is, my dental insurance must be used in Utah...so, I'm all for treating at home. I've gotten out of the habit of mouthwash but I'll start again after this post. Also, last week I bought one of those cheap spinbrushes, so let's hope that helps too. They taught me how to correctly floss and sent me on my way with glide and some threaders. I had no idea I was flossing incorrectly! I wish I had a permanent retainer on top! I want braces again and teeth whitening. Bugger.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's hilarious TARA!!!! Oh my godness... I've done that but knew not to press to hard & still a dribble or two has escaped! PS I hate dentists! Another thing that terrifies me almost as much as flying :)

    ReplyDelete