CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, May 5, 2008

Meet Nick.
(name changed for no reason at all)

Nick is one of the branch flirts. He recently caught up with technology and gained the ability to do text messages. Don't say it, I know. Ever since Nick found this wondrous thing, he began texting me a couple of times a day. My first encounter was getting onto him because I misunderstood his comment, luckily it didn't phase him and two days later, more texts were on their way. His first text is usually "Wht r u up 2 little lady" making me feel like a 90 year-old 4 foot grandma. The conversation that ensues is usually me inviting him to join me in whatever I'm doing and him declining but still texts and flirts with me. On Friday I told him we were watching a movie and offered him a pick of three people to make out with, (not seriously, of course) he answered back saying "No Tara?" Since that's a special request he didn't feel qualified. After two hours of this high school flirting, he asks what I'm doing and by this time I'm dropping people off. He then comments on how I have a crush on a weird guy from the branch and I answer him back and he falls off the face of the earth.
Same thing occurs the next day, Saturday.
Sunday comes around and I wow everyone with my Lucille Ball/Bozo the Clown colored hair. I'm not sure if they're complimenting me because they actually like it, I hate it, or because I'm the church bully and they have to be nice to me because I'll tear them apart otherwise. Nick likes the color and lets me know over a text and a 2 hour text conversation starts.
Then comes branch prayer. Nick is surprised that I'm going because I've never gone to one in the last 3 months that they've had them. We show up late and the only seat available is right next to him. My lucky night! WRONG! As soon as the greet part of the night starts, he is flocked by the other girls and doesn't even try to get my attention. He does however touch me everytime he passes by. First time I'm sitting down so he grabs the top of my head and squeezes. Who does that? And then as he's leaving later, he's parting the crowd and his arms lingers around my back, but he still had not said a word to me all night. I have a friend Jeff that we jokingly say we're getting married so I ended up talking with him most of the night so it wasn't as if I were just a loner, no pity needed. About 30 min after Nick left, we begin texting again and it ended up badly, I shunned him for being retarded. Now tonight he asks me if I'm going to FHE and then tells me after a few exchanged texts that he's not going because he doesn't feel up to it. He's been shunned again.

No comments:

Post a Comment