CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, September 27, 2008

Roughin It

My ward went camping this weekend to a stake property around Kamas (past Park City, pretty much BFE). I've found that I can deal with camping as long as there's some kind of toilet. I hate feeling dirty but the wonders of technology have given us sanity cloths and those were my best friend for the past 16 hours. Jeff, Brant, Megan and I went up Friday night with Megan going home because she had work the next morning. What a trooper for even coming at all I say!
We had delicious chili with chips and cheese. Throughout the night everyone sat around this huge fire pit that was about 5 feet wide, while others played games. If you know me at all, you don't even have to ask whether I played games or not. We played a card game called Up and Down the River where you have to bet how many rounds you will win for that deal. Jeff and I tied for second, but I was sitting next to the guy that won and he totally cheated, rendering his win false and making Jeff and me the champions! We also played Catch Phrase later on that night. Some of the things the had were utterly ridiculous! How do you explain rubber nipple to a crowd of LDS people!?!?

Brant, Jeff and Carrie are pictured here. They weren't ready for my camera.
Brett being his usual self.
Girl in green is Michelle. She's absolutely wonderful because I know that I can talk openly with her and she can empathize. We both like sushi mucho!


The night was cold but not so cold that you couldn't sleep. I was in a tent by myself with an air mattress and a down comforter. That's another reason why I didn't mind the camping :) I didn't go to sleep until 2:30 that night and woke up around 6 because Jeff was walking like a bear around camp and woke me up. Once I wake up in the morning, I have to go to the bathroom and if I fight it, I just lay there and can't sleep. I foolishly did that for an hour before I admitted defeat and just woke up for the day. After breakfast we decided to play chubby bunny. I lost horribly but I do have to say, for a girl, I held my own. I got 11 and Brant only got 12. Jeff anhilated us with 15.

Me telling them how many I currently had in my mouth

All in all it was a fun time but by 10am, I had lost it from being so sleep deprived and pretty much bit Jeff's head off more than once. He probably only deserved it half the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment