CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

My Long Weekend

I flew home Wednesday night so I would be there for all the graduation festivities that were happening for my brother Stuart. I was so proud of my family this time. After 5 tries, we finally got everything right on the last one! We were on time for everything, we got awesome seats, and I personally think that the stress level was kept to a minimum. Here's some shots of the graduation extravaganza.





One funny thing is that Hillary ran over to the family picture taking area because she had the pass to get in. I was worried that she hadn't made it in time so I tried pictures from my side of the field. We ended up being in each others pictures but are both extremely fuzzy.


Since graduation was on Thursday, we decided to have a grad party Friday night to have it be less hectic. We had Hawaiian Haystacks, fruit, and potato salad. I'm going to toot my own horn and show off the awesome cake I made. I even surprised myself on how well it turned out.
Overall the party went great. The only thing that had to be changed was the party was moved to inside because it was too windy outside. Luckily my mom did an awesome job of getting the house ready and my brother and friends were able to hang out in the family room while we got the living room.

On Saturday Callie had a dance recital that we all attended. My mom and I were the last to leave the house and we walked through the doors just as Callie had started.

Callie was so stinkin cute! She was so excited after the recital that she kept dancing around the house and was dancing as she was watching herself dancing as we played the video back to her. The cute girl on the very left is her friend Corrinne which Callie reminds us all the time that Corrinne is her best friend in the whole wide world.

We had another big dinner that night with King Jerry providing us with the best brisket I've ever tasted. Kayleigh, Dustin, Hillary, Jeremiah, and I played Settlers later on and I was grumpy because I was so tired and I was losing and I hate losing. Even more, I hate it that Jeremiah wins all the time.

Sunday we all went to church and I left after Sacrament to get ready to go but returned for the 3rd hour and went to Young Womens with Hillary and my mom. Kenny received the Melchizedek at the end. Then I raced home, threw everything into my car and said goodbyes. I wanted to get on the road before Kayleigh and Dustin because they drive faster than I do. Turns out I didn't need to because Kayleigh blew a tire outside of Mesquite and that set them back 3 hours. I got home at 11:30 pm and was glad to have the weekend finally over!


No comments:

Post a Comment