CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, November 5, 2008

I voted!

This was the first time I voted for a presidential election and I have to be honest, I didn't feel any civic pride. Maybe because of the fact it was in an old folks home and I was surrounded by people eating Jell-O or maybe it was because there were no long arduous lines like I've always heard about. I walked in, got lost because the signs directed me the wrong way, found the correct room, gave them my name and then punched in my choices. I was done in 5 minutes.
I'm not even going to comment about the results.

On a better note, I ran across a few articles that I want to share. The first is a battle between the FCC and the networks. The networks want to allow the F-word and the courts have told them no. One argument that they used that I think is completely ridiculous is 'What if a "particular remark was really hilarious, very funny? Would that cause the FCC to think twice about imposing a fine?"' So it's ok to lower standards as long as it's funny. That's what the networks were trying to push.

http://www.latimes.com/news/printedition/asection/la-na-scotus5-2008nov05,0,5166091.story


Second is Prop 8 in California. Yesterday the people for gay marriage placed an ad that ran about 30 times depicting LDS missionaries stealing wedding rings and ripping up the marriage license of a lesbian couple.

http://www.kutv.com/content/news/topnews/story.aspx?content_id=E1F83189-843F-41D7-84C4-2029FBD9A2CE&gsa=true

There's a link to the video on YouTube.

1. I think it's funny that they remember to give one of the missionaries a shoulder bag but don't remember to put fake black tags on the shirt pocket.
2. I've yet to see a lesbian couple that is that attractive.

After 4 1/2 months of legal gay marriages, they have put a ban on that law and it is now illegal for gay people to be married.

No comments:

Post a Comment