CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, July 11, 2008

The 4th

I LOVE the 4th of July! It's right up there with Christmas and my birthday. I had a BBQ at my house and told everyone 3ish and they speak my language so everyone was at the house around 4:30. We had the normal BBQ food of hamburgers and chips and soda. I totally spaced utensils though and we had the borrow the neighbors spatula because I didn't have one for my grill, metal OR plastic! After the food we went inside and played Phase 10 until Jenny and Jeff had to leave to go say hi to Megan who was having friends over as well. At around 8 we left for Sugarhouse park to watch fireworks. While waiting for it to get dark, we convinced my mom to play with us. That was a cause for fireworks all on its own! My parents aren't gameplayers so it takes a lot of whining from our side to get them to play. She was pretty good too! She hung in there with the best of us!


Apparently Jenny did something to upset Jeff. It was a pretty intense game all around. I don't remember what brought Kenny and Kayleigh to blows.


I have to say, the fireworks were pretty lame. I thought Kingman's were better and I know that SLC has a much bigger budget for theirs. We didn't even have any patriotic music playing while they were going off. I miss the days when my sisters and I are all together for the 4th and we'd be corny and sing the Star Spangled Banner near the end of the show.
After everything was over we went back to the parking lot to see the grid lock that was going on. We decided to just hang out and went to Hogi Yogi for some shakes. Kenny also started directing traffic and some of the cars actually listened to him! I love my funny family!

No comments:

Post a Comment