CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Moving Day

What a day! I took the day off of work because there was so much work to do! I really need to downsize and give things to DI but I didn't have time or energy to do it that day. Here's how my room looked at 2pm that day and everyone was going to be at my house at 6!
Luckily there were late and didn't show up until around 6:30. They brought 4 trucks and one trailer and we filled them all! I'm SO glad that I sold my couches so we wouldn't have to move those too. In the truck in blue is Osiris, Jeff has the red headband on and Christian is in grey with Adam in blue.
Sierra came to help out and I was so glad and appreciative! She made everything fun in an otherwise stressfull situation. I have a huge mirror that several people have complimented me on and the guys kept teasing me about dropping it. I told them that they could break anything else except for that mirror! I got it for $20 in CA and it would cost about $300 to replace.
This is what my new house looked like until Monday night when we finally arranged the new couches I bought.
Speaking of which.....We got the couches at the RC Willey clearance center and it was like being attacked by used car salesman. I got some great deals but WOW! talk about being given the run around. One man kept calling me kiddo which I found annoying. If I'm old enough to buy my own couches, I'm old enough to not be called kiddo! He was the one that was the most helpful so I just bit my tongue. My mom also could not resist shopping because that's what we Watkins do best and bought herself an armchair. I won on my deals though. I got a couch that seats 3 whole people for $200 and she got a chair that seats only one person for $300. The loading boys started laughing at us when we returned a THIRD time to put more things in the back of my dad's truck. I think we probably spent about 5 hours at RC Willey that day.

No comments:

Post a Comment