CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Good News/Bad News

I went to the doctor a few weeks ago because I haven't really been before and I have weird embarrasing facial hair that I wanted fixed. She had me do some blood tests and my cholesterol is way too high and my testosterone is too high as well. At my first visit she put me on medication to help with the facial hair but it takes a few MONTHS to kick in.
This time around I've been told that I need to start the South Beach diet to help control the cholesterol since she doesn't want to put me on anything unless absolutely necessary. She said something about my body not being able to handle the glucose intake. It's been 3 weeks between visits and I gained 4 pounds and I've even been watching what I eat! She said I have PCOS and it's making me gain weight and gave me something to help that. Not birth control but I'm sure that's just around the corner.
Good news is that we're figuring out the problems and it's not completely my fault that I'm gaining weight! Bad news is that I have to start taking medicine everyday. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment